Change Management Consultant (ID#4270)
We are seeking a Change Management Consultant to help our client evolve their change management practice within the IT Project Management Office, and also provide change management support on various initiatives as needed.
- Aid in developing and evolving the change management practice utilized on IT projects.
- Aid in developing a change management framework, that may be used on various request types.
- Work as a member of the IT PMO team on the ongoing implementation/operationalization of a new work planning model.
- As new processes are developed within IT to support the new work plan, aid in identifying opportunities for change management and create plans for change management to support the process as it continues to be rolled out across the organization.
- Coordinate plans and execute change management and communication plans for system implementations as required.
- Lead change management programs and projects, develop required deliverables, and provide progress reports and present implementation plans with supporting metrics to Business Leads, Steering Committees and Executive Sponsors.
- Aide departments throughout the organization move through changes to business processes related to technology but not limited to.
- Acts as change manager regarding the development of information systems and implementation of technology; documents the impact of change, aides in the development of business cases, conducts feasibility studies, and analyzes cost effectiveness; prepares requests for proposals, selects suppliers and monitors post-implementation system performance.
- As a Change Management Consultant with a focus on change management, this position will lead the development and execution of the following deliverables for specific projects; change management approach & tactics, change leadership (alignment and coaching), stakeholder impact assessment, stakeholder engagement and facilitation, communications (project related written and oral communications), design & delivery of training programs, and project management.
- 5+ years of experience in Change Management.
- Experience in business/management systems analysis, systems planning, and/or in an engineering environment.
- Thorough knowledge of change management, methods and standards.
- Thorough knowledge of Agile, methods and standards.
- Thorough knowledge of business and business systems planning principles, methods and standards.
- Thorough knowledge of problem definition and analysis related to business processes and systems planning.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of administrative management and project management.
- Considerable knowledge of information technology components, processes and developments related to the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of the functions of departments served and their requirements in information technology.
- Considerable knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to document, analyze and assess a variety of information, identify priorities and resources and propose alternative business processes.
- Ability to assist in the development of corporate standards and to perform other administrative tasks related to the work performed.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal contacts and to provide advice and assistance on matters related to the work.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to present proposals in non-technical language.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under minimum supervision.
- Change Management certification such as PROSCI is an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset.
- Agile/Scrum certifications such as CSM and CSPO are considered assets.
In addition, this position requires the ability to:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal contacts.
- Provide advice and assistance on matters related to the work.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Perform assigned duties with minimal supervision, although direction will be given.
- Maintain confidentiality.
If you have this expertise, and are able to work in Canada, please submit your resume. While we thank all candidates in advance for their application, only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
The hourly rate range for this position is $80 – $110, with the final rate based on consultant experience and fit for the role.