Cloud Solution Architect (ID#3291)
We are seeking a Cloud Solution Architect to help our client provide direction to their delivery and infrastructure teams in a cloud environment. This role will work directly with product owners to understand the specific requirements that are driving the need for a solution to be designed. The Solution Architect then translates these requirements into the design of a software solution and describes it through standardized technical viewpoints.
- Leads in translating tactical business objectives into executable design, by participating in the business requirement definition phase, and formulating proof of concept plans that demonstrate the feasibility of solution options.
- Assists in the assessment of technical and operational readiness to ensure that the delivery of both business capabilities and technical capabilities can evolve and scale in tandem, and as required.
- Leads in solution design that factors technology investments and risks, while also eliminating unnecessary software complexities.
- Works closely with team members as well as the Cloud Architecture, Delivery, Infrastructure and Operations teams to translate functional designs into efficient, implementable solution architecture and design.
- Verifies that the design is built, configured and documented correctly as the software solution stabilizes.
- Working closely with stakeholders across I&T, drives the adoption of technologies, patterns and practices that build in flexibility and robustness.
- Leads in evaluating vendor proposals when solutions require external resources, equipment or other expenditures.
- Identifies and makes recommendations on the best value and return on investment.
- Contributes to the technology governance by ensuring that the use of information and technology generate business value, while mitigating any risks that might arise from selected software solutions.
- Collaborates frequently to anchor and embed system design.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 9+ years of experience as a Solution Architect
- 3 years of experience in a role requiring application architecture design and definition
- Highly skilled in cloud architecture – assisting with company’s cloud strategy, incorporating cloud adoption plans, working on cloud application design as well as cloud management and monitoring, and providing support for application architecture and deployment in cloud environments
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) training and certification like SAFe Practitioner is preferred
If you have this expertise, and are able to work in Canada, please submit your resume. While we thank all candidates in advance for their application, only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.