Project Manager (ID#3828)
Vancouver, BC Time
We are seeking a Project Manager to help our client on large redevelopment projects, overseeing and coordinating Information Management projects at the various sites. The projects will range from small early implementation initiatives to site-wide deployments.
- Project Management services, which extend across the full range of activities commonly associated with the Project Management role including, but not limited to:
- Project Charter
- Resource planning
- Regular status reporting
- Issue resolution and tracking
- Quality assurance of deliverables
- Communications to stakeholders
- Project change management
- Budget management
- Plan and facilitate the functional and end-user requirements definition process:
- Lead engagement sessions to gather clinical and operational requirements based on future workflows and operational procedures. These requirements will inform system design and developer professional services.
- Coordinate documentation of functional and end-user requirements.
- Establish an agile approach to project delivery. Establish and maintain the methods needed to structure and organize activities included in the scope of this project. Ensure that work is undertaken in a streamlined, coordinated and efficient manner.
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement.
- Plan and facilitate the creation of a project delivery team:
- Determine staffing requirements for the project delivery team.
- Manage the activities of the delivery team members.
- Coordination and collaboration with the technical infrastructure team for the purpose of managing prerequisite changes to technical infrastructure.
- Coordination and collaboration with supporting resources assigned to the project including, in particular, the Clinical Lead from the redevelopment project who will serve as the primary project liaison to clinical operations.
- Liaison with redevelopment IM/IT project team members including the respective IM Delivery Manager and IM Solution Architect, who hold overall responsibility for the Information Management portfolio within the redevelopment project.
- Oversee and coordinate technology and professional services procurement.
- Establish Service Level Agreements.
- Coordinate system configuration, testing, and training.
- Lead handover to ongoing operations.
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager.
- Hospital experience directly working with medical and clinical stakeholders in a clinical informatics and / or application delivery capacity.
- An understanding of the systems & technology in the acute hospital setting.
- Healthcare industry experience in an IM or clinical informatics capacity.
- Experience in application delivery project management – leading, planning, prioritizing and executing on multiple deliveries simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and time-pressured environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Open to rolling up your sleeves, applying subject matter understanding and project management expertise, to dive into the details to facilitate the resolution of issues and inter-project dependencies.
- Experience using SmartSheet and SharePoint in project delivery is preferred.
- Exceptional English language oral and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work and communicate with senior healthcare executives (Executive Director, Medical staff and Vice President) such as explaining situations and assisting in rendering decisions.
- Bring agility and a “roll up the sleeves” attitude to build client relationships, delve into details, and follow through on commitments.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working on large scale construction projects in an IM / clinical systems project management role in the healthcare industry.
- Formal project management training or certification.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and structure clear and unclear workloads.
If you have this expertise, and are able to work in Canada, please submit your resume. While we thank all candidates in advance for their application, only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.