Some of the most successful companies today are no stranger to the advantages of IT outsourcing. As a constantly evolving business strategy, modern IT outsourcing has become a favored approach for companies of all sizes. In a not so surprising trend, Canada, as one of the most educated countries in the world, has seen an increasing number of IT outsourcing engagements with U.S. companies searching for skilled talent and modern technologies.
When a business outsources to an IT services firm in a neighbouring country, this is known as IT Nearshoring. This business model has a lot of benefits to offer, starting from fewer cultural discrepancies to more cost-effective solutions, and quite often, the same data protection laws and similar financial and legal constraints. With more American companies coming under pressure from competitive, financial, and political factors, as well as growing apprehensions of offshoring quality, IT Nearshoring to Canada has become a more attractive strategy.
Why Offshore when you can Nearshore your IT?
Historically, offshoring has been considered for outsourcing. However, this business strategy presents some drawbacks. When you offshore your IT, the differences in time zones, cultures, laws, expectations, etc. has created some service risks and disruptions that do not meet the expected benefits. When using an IT services firm, regardless of geographical location, you must feel and have a comfortable experience that integrates with your corporate culture. This means easy face-to-face communication with your outsourcing vendor so that you have the reassurance that your collaboration is effective and productive. Consequently, these matters, amongst others, is why IT Nearshoring is a viable solution today for US companies.
Why Canadian IT Nearshoring is on the Rise
As one of the world’s wealthiest countries, Canada is home to a large, diverse, and growing tech workforce. This vibrant sector has grown to become one of the major national drivers of innovation and economic growth which has transformed Canada to become an ideal IT outsourcing partner for the United States. In recent years, Canada has established itself as a great IT outsourcer because of it’s competitive costs, high levels of knowledge, education and technologies, quality and excellence of professionals and cultural similarities with the United States. With these attributes and competitive advantages, American companies have the potential of saving significantly on IT expenditures, if they choose to collaborate with a Canadian IT Nearshoring team.
Benefits of IT Nearshoring to Canada
- Cost Effective: When American companies commission projects in Canada, they enjoy a favourable exchange rate. With the Canadian dollar being substantially lower than the American dollar, your money goes much further when you outsource your IT to Canada.
- High Quality: Canada is one of the world’s most educated countries with businesses operating by very similar quality expectations, productivity metrics, laws, and culture, to the United States. Therefore, IT Nearshoring IT to America’s northern neighbour guarantees unmatched quality.
- Seamless collaboration as an extension of your company: We work synonymously with your business. With similar laws, culture, language and business models, our business integration and collaboration would be seamless.
- We can relate: Our close geographical proximity encourages stronger relationships. We understand and share the same sense of urgency on business matters, and we celebrate the victories together as one integrated unit.
- Low risk: Whenever you engage with a vendor, local, nearshore, or overseas, typically there will be an exchange of information and intellectual property. With the similarities, intimacy and familiarity of a Canadian firm, this exchange of information is as smooth as with any local vendor. A smooth transition reduces project and service risks of cost overruns, delays, or substandard quality.
- IT’s easy! If anything, the last few years has proven that remote collaboration works and therefore IT Nearshoring with Canada has never made more sense.
So, why New Value Solutions?
New Value Solutions is a Canadian based firm with operations across Canada and the United States. We have IT Nearshoring services to implement IT projects whether it is a custom development, cloud migration or deployment, or specialty services in niche areas of Business Intelligence, cybersecurity, unified communications, and many others. Additionally, we can sustain and support your existing software applications and infrastructure or take over the sustainment of legacy systems so your staff can focus on higher value work.
Our IT Nearshoring approach is flexible. U.S. firms finds working with New Value Solutions easy, flexible, cost-effective and of the highest quality. We are proven IT professionals that can help you elevate your business.